Sambusa. Thin Dough Shells Stuffed With Minced Meat Or Vegetables. Two Pieces Per Order.
A1. Beef Sambusa
A2. Chicken Sambusa
A3. Whole Lentil Sambusa
A4. Spinach Sambusa
A5. Potato And Carrot Sambusa
Pick Any Two a1-a5
One Of Each Vegetarian a3, a4, a5
One Of Each a1, a2, a3, a4 & a5
Portions Are Large Enough To Share.
S1. Salad romaine lettuce, fresh tomatoes, red cabbage, carrots and cucumbers. served with house dressing.
S2. Royal Salad diamond salad with grilled chicken breast meat cubes.
S3. Yemisir Azifa cooked whole lentils mixed with chopped onions and green peppers, seasoned with a touch of garlic, white pepper and lemon.
S4. Beet Salad cooked beets and carrots mixed with fresh tomatoes, onion and green pepper. served with a lemon-based house dressing.
1. Kay Watt * lean beef meat cubes cooked in a spicy home made "diamond sauce."
2. Yesiga Alicha lean beef meat cubes cooked in a mild sauce of onions, garlic and ginger.
3. Kitfo (Steak Tartar) fresh minced lean beef with a touch of seasoned butter and "mitmitta" (dried ground chili pepper and spices). served rare, medium or well done.
4. Kitfo And Garlic same as above but with garlic.
5. Kitfo Na Gomen kitfo mixed with gomen (collard greens) and homemade cheese.
6. Tibs meat cubes marinated in fresh garlic, sautéed with green peppers and onions.
7. Tibs Watt * tibs simmered in a spicy sauce.
8. Tibs Alicha tibs simmered in a mild sauce.
9. Zilzil Tibs tender lean beef strips marinated in fresh garlic, sautéed with green peppers and onions.
10. Gored Gored * morsels of choice lean beef tossed in a homemade chili sauce and seasoned butter. served rare. an ethiopian traditional delight.
11. Okra Meat * cooked okra in kay watt.
12. Doro Watt * tender chicken legs marinated in lemon juice and ginger, cooked in a homemade spicy sauce. served ethiopian style with a hard boiled egg.
13. Doro Tibs chicken breast meat cubes marinated in fresh lemon juice and garlic, sautéed with onions and green pepper.
14. Doro Tibs Watt * doro tibs simmered in a spicy sauce.
15. Doro Tibs Alicha doro tibs simmered in a mild sauce.
16. Yebeg Watt * lamb meat (bone-in) cooked in a spicy sauce.
17. Yebeg Alicha lamb meat (bone-in) cooked to tenderness in a mild and distinctly flavored onion, garlic, ginger and basil sauce.
18. Yebeg Tibs lamb meat cubes marinated in garlic and fresh ground rosemary sautéed with green pepper and onions.
19. Yebeg Tibs Watt * yebeg tibs simmered in a spicy sauce.
20. Yebeg Tibs Alicha yebeg tibs simmered in a mild sauce.
21. Tibs Quosta sautéed meat mixed with quosta (34). choice of chicken, beef or lamb.
22. Tibs Combo 1 a mixture of chicken, lamb and beef (zilzil) sautéed together with green pepper and onion.
23. Tibs Combo 2 a mixture of shrimp, chicken and beef sautéed together with green pepper and onion.
24. Shrimp Watt * shrimp simmered in a spicy homemade sauce, onions and green pepper.
25. Shrimp Alicha shrimp simmered in a mild homemade sauce, onions and green peppers
26. Shrimp Tibs shrimp marinated in lemon juice and garlic sautéed with onions, green pepper and fresh tomatoes
27. Assa Watt * tilapia fish cooked in a spicy home made sauce.
28. Assa Tibs tilapia marinated in fresh lemon juice and garlic, sautéed with onions and green peppers.
28A. Assa Special whole tilapia fish marinated with fresh lemon and house spices, served with your choice of two vegetables and salad.
29. Shimbra Assa chick pea fish
30. Yemisir Watt *
31. Kik Alicha
35. Tikel Gomen
36. Yatkilt Watt
37. Dinich Alicha
38. Okra Quosta
All Vegetarian Dishes Are Cooked In Vegetable Oil And Contain No Eggs, Butter, Milk Or Honey!
29. Shimbra Assa (Chick Pea Fish) * a unique vegetarian food prepared from chick pea dough cooked to look like a fish watt (stew). ethiopian diamond is proud to introduce this authentic vegetarian dish to chicago.
30. Yemisir Watt * red lentils simmered with onions in a spicy homemade sauce.
31. Kik Alicha split peas cooked in a mild sauce of onion, garlic and ginger.
32. Shiro seasoned chick pea flour cooked in a mild sauce.
33. Gomen chopped collard greens simmered in a mild sauce of onions and fresh garlic.
34. Quosta chopped spinach simmered in a mild sauce of onions and fresh garlic.
35. Tikel Gomen sliced cabbage and carrots cooked in a mild sauce.
36. Yatkilt Watt string beans, carrots and potatoes cooked in a mild sauce of onions, garlic, ginger and ethiopian spices.
37. Dinich Alicha potato cubes and carrots cooked in a mild sauce of onions, garlic, ginger and ethiopian spices
38. Okra Quosta okra and chopped spinach simmered in a mild sauce of onions and fresh garlic.
39. Veggie Combo choose any three from 30, 31, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37.
40. Tofu Tibs grilled tofu served with sauteed green pepper, tomato and onion in a mild exotic spice sauce.
41. Duba Watt * pumpkin simmered with onions in a spicy homemade sauce.
Destaye (My Happiness) thin dough shells stuffed with dried red and white raisins, pistachios, split almonds, shredded coconut and cardamom powder.
Sambrosa Selit tropical seedless dates baked in a pastry crust.
House Special french vanilla ice cream served on fried pastry triangle with chocolate sauce.
Chocolate chocolate fudge filled cake served on fried pastry triangles with chocolate sauce.
add french vanilla ice cream for only
Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Ginger Ale
Orange Juice Or Cranberry Juice
Perrier, Club Soda, Tonic Water
Pot Of Ethiopian Tea
(per person) 2.50
Pot Of Ethiopian Coffee
African Beer & Full Bar Are Available
Miller Lite miller genuine draft
St. George ethiopia
Specialty Drinks $10
Mojito light rum, club soda, lime juice, mint leaf mixed with cane sugar
Mai Tai light rum, dark rum, triple sec, curacao liquor and sweet-n-sour mix
Melon Ball vodka, midori topped with orange juice
Perfect Margarita tequila, triple sec, sweet-n-sour mix and a slpash of lime
Drop Martini vodka, triple sec, lemon juice rimmed with fresh sugar
Dirty Martini gin, dry vermouth and olive juice
Martini light rum, triple sec, mango juice, cranberry juice and a touch of lime
Cosmopolitan vodka, triple sec, cranberry juice and a touch of lime
Long Islan Iced Tea vodka, gin, light rum, tequila, triple sec, sweet-n-sour and a splash of coke
Bloody Mary your choice of vodka with our delicious blend of bloody mary mix